Answers to your questions regarding the event.
Know the rules:
- STAY ON YOUR SIDE OF THE ROAD.
- Don’t outdrive yourself.
- Be courteous to all.
Remember these are all public roads with traffic, not a closed race track. Even touching the yellow line on the Dragon can result in a hefty fine. Cops sit throughout the Dragon and will hand out tickets to those who are speeding.
Some #WITWPrep tips with The Humble Mechanic
What Should I bring?
- Photo/Movie device
- GPS device (cell phone data is scarce, a sky powered unit is recommended.)
- First aid kit
- Roadside Emergency kit
- Bug spray
- Walkie-Talkies for communication with the group. We use channel 3
- Umbrella, rain jacket, poncho, garbage bag etc.
- Bonfire attire, it does get cold at night.
- Alcoholic Beverages (Graham County is a Dry County)
- Food, snacks, cooler. You are away from home. You want to eat. It’s the middle of nowhere. Robbinsville is 30 mins away, they close early and sell no beer.
Build street cred and real life Karma.
- Positive Attitudes
- Dramamine for queasy passengers
- Allergy Medicine
- Car wash and detailing supplies (we know who we are and Fontana has a small car wash area)
- Folding chairs
- Print map of area & schedule (remember no cell phone data!) A good ole atlas would help.
- Extra Memory cards for your camera
- Wheel chock for steep hills and cooling your brakes without the parking brake on
- Fontana Pit Stop gas station closes at 7pm each day.
- Gas up whenever you have the chance, stations run out of 93, there are long stretches between stations.
- It may be cold, hot, snowing, rainy or perfect out. It can get chilly at night down by the bonfire.. come prepared so you can hang.
- Allow time for the car and brakes to cool down after runs. Bring a Wheel chock if possible. It’s steep, everywhere.
- DRIVE WITHIN YOUR MEANS – PULL OFF/ LET OTHERS BY IF YOU FEEL YOU ARE DRIVING ABOVE YOUR LIMITS.
- It’s not a race, enjoy the driving
- STAY BETWEEN MAYO & MUSTARD
- Did we say we’re in a DRY COUNTY? Well we’re telling you again
- RESPECT THE EVENT AND VENUE. Keep it cool at Fontana, there will be security on site this year. Please be respectful!
Click plus signs below for answers to other questions.
Will my Cell Phone Work?
What should I do to my car?
Are there maps?
Other Useful links and Websites
What if I have other questions?Contact Us »
Feel free to use the contact us button to suggest FAQ items or things to bring!